AMD announced the global availability of its new leading PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 graphics cards and AMD Ryzen™ 3rd Generation desktop processor series, as well as AMD Ryzen™3000 processors with Radeon graphics (APUs). Together, these offerings take game performance, immersive experiences, and visual fidelity to new heights.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards redefine what is possible in 1440p games. Built on the innovative AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the new graphics cards offer superior visual fidelity, incredibly fast performance and advanced features to drive the latest AAA and eSports titles. Starting today, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are available at AMD.com, with major retailers and online stores for $399 and $349 USD SEP[i], respectively, and the Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition graphics card is available for $449 USD SEP1 in AMD.com and JD.com until stocks last.
With up to 12 cores and 24 threads now available, AMD Ryzen 3rd generation desktop processors are another powerful showcase of AMD’s technological leadership, offering the first 7nm high-performance processors for consumer desktop PCs. Built on the high-performance legacy of “Zen” architectures, the “Zen 2” microarchitecture delivers a significant 15 percent generationally increased IPC enhancement [ii] for faster gaming and content creation. Starting today, the 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors, including the new Ryzen 3000 series processors with Radeon graphics, are available globally through major retailers from $99 USD SEP1.
“We are proud to offer our latest AMD Radeon graphics cards and AMD Ryzen processors to create the best PC gaming platform with leading performance at every price point,” said Dr. Lisa Su, President and CEO of AMD. “AMD is committed to driving innovation and competition in the computing and graphics markets to provide PC enthusiasts, gamers and creators with incredible experiences and unmatched value.”
AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards: incredible value and performance for 1440p gaming
AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards leverage rDNA gaming architecture, which was built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability, and efficiency designed to drive the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming. The new RDNA architecture supports high-speed GDDR6 memory, provides PCIe 4.0 support, and provides performance per clock[iii] up to 1.25 times higher and throughput per watt up to 1.5 times higher than architecture[iv] AMD pre-image, Graphic Core Next (GCN), realistic, ultra-responsive and high-speed frame frame gaming experiences.
The latest Radeon graphics cards offer powerful new features to enhance 1440p games, including:
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings sharpness and clarity to game visual effects that have been smoothed by other post effects DirectX® 9, 12 and Vulkan® titles. When combined with the scaling of Radeon GPUs, RIS provides crisp images and fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays.
- FidelityFX – Offers an open source toolkit for game developers with high-quality post-process effects to make games look great, while providing an optimal balance between visual fidelity and performance. Available in GPUOpen, FidelityFX introduces Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which highlights details in areas of low contrast and minimizes artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, it improves competitiveness by reducing input-to-screen response times by up to 31 percent[v].
3rd Generation AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors: Unprecedented platform and leadership performance
Built on 7nm processors, the new 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors deliver maximum performance, energy efficiency and core counts in single-threaded and multi-threaded workloads, offering:
- Elite Gaming Performance – With higher clock speeds, higher performance per clock2, L3 cache larger than the previous generation, and new synergies with the Windows update® May 10, 2019, 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors enable more powerful and fluid gaming experiences with 1080p and 1440p[vi] resolutions.
- Successful content creation performance – For content creators, 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors enable a superior performance advantage[viii] to the competition in terms of rendering, coding, color grading, and More.
- Quieter, Cooler PC Experience – 3rd Generation Ryzen desktop processors deliver superior performance with highly power efficient operation, allowing up to 58% more throughput per watt on Ryzen processors 9 and up to 30% more throughput per watt on Ryzen 7 processors, all while operating efficiently and with lower power consumption than the competition[ix],[x].
- Overclocking made simple[xi]: Like all AMD Ryzen processors, 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors are fully multiplier and with voltage unlocked. The new Precision Boost Overdrive[xii] with Automatic Overclocking can deliver even higher performance on Ryzen 5, 7 and 9 3000 series processors by communicating with the user’s motherboard and increasing the maximum clock frequency up to 200MHz at the touch of just a touch one button. Also available is an improved new AMD Ryzen™ Master Software utility, including a redesigned user interface and many new features, which offer users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance out of their processor AMD Ryzen desktop.
In addition, with the release of the 3rd generation Ryzen desktop processors, AMD designed and introduced the new X570 chipset for AMD Socket AM4, enabling the first platform with PCIe® 4.0 support for consumers. The exclusive support for PCIe® 4.0 paves the way for new classes of high-performance graphics cards, network devices, units NVMe and more. With over 100 AM4 motherboards currently on the market, our partners will introduce over 50 additional models with the new AMD X570 chipset to complete the broadest selection of motherboards released in AMD history.
Together, the AMD Ryzen 3rd generation desktop processor family and AMD X570 motherboard enable more high-speed ports and tracks than any other conventional socket—a truly enthusiastic solution.
AMD Ryzen 3000 processors with Radeon graphics
AMD also announced the availability of Ryzen 3000 desktop processors with Radeon graphics, equipped with graphics clock speeds and CPU higher than its previous generation, plus new driver features like Radeon Anti-Lag. Offering the best chart performance [xiii] in its class; Frame speed control for players [xiv] of 1080p; 4K HDR transmission capabilities; and support[xv] Radeon™ FreeSync, the latest generation of AMD Ryzen graphics processors are ideal for affordable gaming platforms, Pc SFF, HTPC and other unique constructions.
Play Gears 5 and over 100 PC games with Xbox Game Pass
AMD also offers free three-month access to Xbox Game Pass for PC when purchasing AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards, AMD Ryzen 3000 processors and other select AMD min products participating speakers.