FortiGate Secure SD-WAN offers high WAN performance for cloud applications and the lowest total acquisition cost per Mbps
Fortinet® has been rated ‘Recommended’ in the Group Test Report of Wide Area Networks Defined for NSS Labs software (SD-WAN) for the second year in a row. Fortinet’s FortiGate Secure SD-WAN was evaluated by NSS Labs and was recognized for the following qualities:
The FortiGate Secure SD-WAN test highlighted significant operational savings with the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) per Mbps, based on the deployment of 75 enterprise branches and in various real-world cases in each environment. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN achieved zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) in new branches in less than six minutes. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution focuses on simplifying WAN edge operations while providing centralized, scalable management with best-in-class SD-WAN capabilities and security in a single offering.
- Reliable, high-quality experience for unified communications: In the group test, FortiGate Secure SD-WAN delivered an average sentiment score (MOS) of 4.36 for VoIP and 4.15 for video and showed a great user experience for voice and voice applications critical video for the company. This test was similar to real-world case conditions in the most difficult WAN deterioration scenarios, including packet loss, high latency, packet delay, and link failures.
- Resilient high availability for a better user experience: NSS Labs also tested FortiGate Secure SD-WAN’s high availability for network and application stability, which is critical for enterprise networks. Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution achieved a high level of MOS for VoIP and video, demonstrating a resilient and uninterrupted user experience during a WAN link failure.
- High WAN performance for cloud applications: FortiGate Secure SD-WAN, based on a specially designed SD-WAN ASIC, demonstrated high VPN overlay performance of 893 Mbps for superior user experience and minimal latency. This is a benefit for businesses that prefer direct access to the Internet for public applications and SaaS applications in the cloud while digitally transforming.
“Fortinet has combined the best of SD-WAN and security for an integrated solution for WAN Edge transformation. As in nSS Labs’ first SD-WAN test report last year, this year’s report gives Fortinet a ‘Recommended’ rating in the SD-WAN group test, highlighting the lowest total cost of ownership and significantly fast, non-intervention provisioning for efficient operations. These two consecutive ‘Recommended’ ratings from NSS Labs show Fortinet’s commitment to third-party testing and validation of our products and solutions,” said John Maddison, Executive Vice President of Products and Solutions Fortinet.
Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution reduces complexity and simplifies
FortiGate Secure SD-WAN enables WAN edge transformation by consolidating critical capabilities such as SD-WAN, security, WAN optimization, and advanced routing Integrated into Fortinet’s SD-WAN ASIC system. This year’s NSS Labs SD-WAN group test recognized FortiGate Secure SD-WAN with the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and highlighted its zero-touch provisioning capability in minutes. This capability addresses the current problem faced by enterprise branches having many products that typically take months to deploy to new sites and a long time to fix any network issues. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN fights this with its provisioning capabilities, which makes it easier for organizations to operate securely for their WAN.
Quick adoption of Fortinet Secure SD-WANAs Fortinet continues to innovate the Secure SD-WAN solution, which also includes the recent launch of the industry’s first SD-WAN ASIC, customer adoption growth is also being Accelerating. Organizations are increasingly seeing the benefits of FortiGate Secure SD-WAN by combining the best capabilities and SD-WAN security into an integrated solution. Fortinet has the most reviews from all vendors in the Gartner Peer Insights WAN infrastructure market. Customer validation, along with third-party testing, sets Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution apart from the industry.
Fortinet solutions have earned ratings as “Recommended” by NSS Labs in nine different group tests, including:
- Software-defined wide area networks, SD-WAN
- Next-generation firewall
- Systems data center intrusion prevention
- Security Gateway for data center
- Systems of prevention of offenses
- Intrusion Prevention System of next generation
- Systems for detection of violations
- Web Application Firewall
- Advanced endpoint protection
All Fortinet solutions recommended by NSS Labs operate as part of a complete security structure through the Fortinet Security Fabric, offering an integrated end-to-end security solution that covers the entire attack surface.
“Once again we see That Fortinet stands out in the NSS Labs group tests. FortiGate Secure SD-WAN delivered the lowest total cost of ownership in this year’s SD-WAN group test and again receives a recommended rating. Fortinet FortiGate Secure SD-WAN is a great solution for organizations looking to integrate SD-WAN and security capabilities into a single console,” Jason Brvenik, CEO of NSS Labs.