Google breaks access to Huawei 

Google suspended Huawei’s access to updates to its Android operating system and have cut supplies to the Chinese telecommunications company, after the United States Government added it to a blacklist Commercial last week.

The internet giant said it was fulfilling an executive order issued by Donald Trump and was reviewing the “implications.” However, Google Play, through which allows users to download applications, and the security features of their Google Play Protect antivirus software will continue on existing Huawei devices.

New versions of your smart devices outside of China would lose access to popular applications and services, such as Google Play, Maps, and the Gmail application.

Huawei will continue to have access to the Android operating system version available through the open source license that is free for anyone who wants to use it.

According to Reuters, who reported on the ban on Sunday, said Google will stop providing technical assistance and collaboration for the services of Android and Google.

Meanwhile, the response of Huawei is a pledge to continue providing security updates and after-sales service for their smart phones and tablets, but not clarified what it will mean the prohibition to the new phones from Huawei, but underlined its prior cooperation with Android.

“Huawei has made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android worldwide. As one of the key global partners of Android, we have worked closely with its open source platform to develop an ecosystem that has benefited both users and industry, “said a spokesman for China’s Foreign Ministry, Lu Kang.

Some observers have said that Chinese countermeasures could include promoting a consumer boycott of American products, such as Apple products; considering that the Asian country is the third largest market of Apple by volume of sales.

Previously, Huawei had commented that it is developing its own backup operating system in case the use of American software has been blocked.

On the other hand, chip manufacturers such as Intel, Qualcomm, Xilinx and Broadcom have told employees that they will not supply chips to Huawei until further notice.

The company that is based on chips from the United States, has been storing chips and other components in anticipation of prohibition.

In an interview on Saturday, Huawei’s CEO, Ren Zhengfei, said the company would be “fine” without America’s chips.

These actions occur after Trump’s government formally incorporated the telecom manufacturer into a commercial blacklist, declaring a national economic emergency to prohibit the technology and services of “adversaries Foreigners “. The blacklist immediately led to restrictions that would make it very difficult for the company to do business with American companies.