Huawei released its Global Industry Vision (GIV) report, continuing its predictions for technology and industry development through 2025.
On the basis of the quantitative data of the company and the use cases in the real world of how intelligent technology is permeating each industry, this year’s report identifies 10 mega trends that now determine how we live and work. Also predicts technological trends to the year 2025, which include coverage 5G, implementation of IA, adoption of domestic robots and rates of use of smart wizards.
The 10 trends and examples of key GIV predictions for 2025 are as follows:
- Living with Bots (robots capable of mimicking human behavior): Advances show that perceptual artificial intelligence and network technologies are driving the adoption of robotics in a wide variety of domestic and personal settings. GIV predicts an overall penetration rate of 14% of household robots.
- Super Vision: The convergence of 5G, VR/AR (virtual and augmented reality), machine learning and other emerging technologies will allow us to expand our vision beyond distance, distortion, surface and history, opening new perspectives for people, business and culture. According to GIV, the percentage of companies using VR/AR will increase to 10%.
- Zero Search: As data-driven and sensor-equipped devices begin to anticipate our needs, the information that finds us will be the one that finds us. Future searches will be button-free, personal social networks will be created effortlessly, and the industry will benefit from “zero search maintenance.” GIV predicts that 90% of smart device owners will use smart personal assistants.
- Custom Streets: Intelligent transportation systems will connect people to vehicles and infrastructure, creating zero congestion, and enabling quick emergency responses and other functions that will make life easier. According to GIV, 15% of vehicles will have cell vehicle technology for everything.
- Working with Bots: Transforming many industries, intelligent automation will take on more dangerous, repetitive and high-precision tasks, which will benefit safety and productivity. GIV predicts that there will be 103 robots in the industry per 10,000 employees.
- Augmented Creativity: Artificial intelligence (AI) in the cloud will reduce the cost and barrier to entry to scientific experimentation, innovation and art, opening a gold mine in terms of creative potential that is available to all. GIV predicts that 97% of large companies will have deployed AI.
- Frictionless communication: Artificial intelligence and Big Data analytics will create seamless communication between companies and customers, and break language barriers. Accuracy, understanding and trust will support tomorrow’s communications. GIV predicts that companies will fully use 86% of the data they produce themselves.
- Symbiotic economics: Companies around the globe are adopting digital technology and smart applications on unified access platforms, which means greater collaboration, resource sharing, stronger global ecosystems and greater Productivity. GIV predicts that all companies worldwide will use cloud technology, and that 85% of commercial applications will be cloud-based.
- 5G Quick Launch: 5G is here, and it has come much faster than any previous wireless generation: the potential for people, businesses and society is huge. GIV predicts that 58% of the world’s population will have access to 5G.
- Global Digital Governance: Advances in digital technology must be balanced by shared data standards and principles for data use. GIV predicts that the annual volume of global data will reach 180 ZB (1 ZB x 1 trillion GB).
According to Huawei ICT Infrastructure’s chief marketing officer Kevin Zhang, “human exploration will never stop. We must look beyond what we see now and look to the future, moving from innovation to invention. We are seeing rapid changes in life, work and society, as all industries adopt AI, 5G, cloud computing and other emerging technologies. Huawei is committed to building digital platforms, user experiences and intelligent technology that drive ubiquitous connectivity in every scenario. Our mission is to offer every person, home and organization a smart future and the benefits of completely new opportunities for growth.”
With the first report published in 2018, GIV 2025 is designed to analyze industry development trends and serve as a strategic guide to ICT deployment.