Microsoft has renamed its gaming Development Business, with Microsoft Studios to Xbox Game Studios, which includes the 13 game studios and editorial organizations that Microsoft has swallowed over the years
This new venue also includes the developer of Fallout: New Vegas Obsidian Entertainment, Halo House 343 Industries, the Gears of War the Coalition, Hellblade creator NInja Theory and Wasteland 2 company InXile Entertainment.
In this way, Microsoft seeks to consolidate Xbox as the company’s most complete brand of games, which includes players in PC, mobile devices and consoles, as announced by the corporate vice president of Xbox Game Studios, Matt Booty.
Also expect the next generation of game consoles to be launched in 2020. Since there are rumors that Xbox is building two devices, one of which is apparently designed specifically for streaming games.
So it seems that Xbox is piling up its list of internal studies to avoid the main criticisms facing the current generation of consoles: the lack of exclusive games.
For now, Xbox is well positioned to launch a low-latency gaming streaming service, thanks to its Azure cloud network and the Game Pass subscription plan. Below is the complete list of organizations under the banner of Xbox Game Studios:
- 343 Industries (Aura)
- The Coalition (Gears of War 5)
- Games of compulsion (We Happy Few)
- The Initiative (directed by David Gallagher, chief of Tomb Raider 2013)
- InXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2)
- Minecraft (Minecraft)
- Ninja theory (DmC: Devil May Cry, Hellblade: Senua’s sacrifice)
- Obsidian Entertainment (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Children’s Games (Forza Horizon)
- Rare (Sea of thieves)
- Turn 10 Studios (Forza Motorsport)
- Undead Labs (State of decay)
- Global Xbox Publishing Group